We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
One great way to stay on target and earn better grades is to pair up with a good study partner. If you are serious about improving your school performance, this is a great way to make the most of your study time. What are some of the benefits?
10 Benefits of Having a Study Partner
- A study partner will help you remember a due date or the date of an exam. Never forget another test! Share calendars with your study partner and both of you will know when a big project or paper is due.
- Your study partner can share flashcards with you and quiz you before a test. Create your paper cards and meet up to study or use online flashcards together.
- Two heads are better than one, so your study partner may think of practice essay questions that you didn't think of.
- Study partners can switch papers and pre-grade each other before assignments are turned in. Proofread together and share your thoughts and ideas.
- A study partner can have your back if you get sick on the day when your paper is due. Arrange ahead of time to pick up and turn in papers for each other in the event of an emergency.
- A study partner will understand some methods or problems that you don't. You will be able to explain some of the problems to your partner in return. It's a great trade-off!
- Your partner may be able to help you with your research skills. Meet your partner in the library and learn to use the resources together. Then, you can share what you know to help each other out. For example, one partner can learn to search databases while the other learns to find books on the shelves.
- You can benefit from sharing your strengths. One may be better with grammar, while the other is better with numbers, as in finding statistics to support a claim for an argument essay.
- Study partners motivate each other and reduce the potential for procrastination.
- Study partners can be there if you forget important tools--like a calculator, dictionary, colored pencils, or notebook paper.
A study partner relationship should be beneficial to both students, so remember it is important for both partners to fulfill their responsibilities. For this reason, it might not make sense to partner up with your best friend. Your study partner should be a person who complements you and your skills.